Ms. Gervais has an extensive background in a variety of legal matters, focusing mostly around civil litigation and real estate issues. While she prides herself on aggressive and assertive litigation, she counsels clients on preventative strategies to avoid litigation and early and cost-efficient ways to resolve disputes, including mediation and arbitration.
Civil Litigation/Real Estate
- Instituted and defended legal actions for quiet title, slander of title, fraud, breach of contract, negligence, breach of fiduciary duty, specific performance, declaratory relief and injunctive relief on behalf of property owners and business entities.
- Defended legal actions brought against real estate agents, brokers, mortgage companies/lenders.
- Sought and obtained temporary restraining orders and writs of attachment on behalf of unsecured creditors.
- Resolved landlord/tenant disputes.
- Attended arbitrations and mediations to resolve a variety of real estate related matters.
Legal counsel for numerous homeowners associations in San Diego and Riverside counties, assisting with:
- Interpretation and amendment of the association\'s governing documents.
- Resolution of association/owner disputes for violations of the association\'s governing documents.
- Attendance at Board meetings and membership meetings.
- Collection for non-payment of dues.
- Ms. Gervais offers seminars to real estate agents and brokers, outlining proper procedures and ways to avoid litigation.
In 1998, Ms. Gervais received her Bachelor of Science degree from San Diego State University, graduating cum laude, with distinction in Criminal Justice Administration. In 2001, she earned her Juris Doctor degree from California Western School of Law, graduating in the top 25% of her class.
Originally from Washington State, Ms. Gervais has now called San Diego her home since 1990. She enjoys hiking, dancing and all kinds of music. She also takes every opportunity she can to visit her son, who graduated from Western Washington University in June 2015 and now resides in Seattle.